Oscar-Nominated Shorts: Animated
- One Man Band – Pixar rocks hard. This is no exception, but expect Pixar’s characteristic one-joke cartoon.
- The Fan and the Flower (Not nominated, but included in the show) Don’t know why they wasted my time with this non-nominated loser. Still, cute little story.
- The Mysterious Geographic Explorations of Jasper Morello – Apparently, when I’m overwhelmed with beautiful animation, I feel compelled to shout, “Jesus Fucking Christ!” again and again. I was barely able to stifle myself this time.
- Badgered – Eh. Pass.
- The Moon and the Son – A touching dialogue between the animator and his dead father. A biography with cartoons. Quite nice.
- 9 – WTF? A tiny man made of burlap? Ninth in a series of tiny burlap men, it would seem. Huh. Good +