Academy Award-Nominees: Best Short Film, Live-Action
- The Saviour – If in Act I you have a pistol hanging on the wall, then it must fire in the last act. If your lead actor is missing a hand, it has nothing to do with the story and mustn’t be mentioned, no matter how distracting that is.
- Helmer & Søn (Helmer & Son) – I don’t know about you, but I think I’ve had my fill of filmmakers with daddy issues.
- Éramos Pocos – I should go get me an old woman to cook and clean for me just for the joy of living with me. Or is that what marriage is?
- Binta y la Gran Idea (Binta and the Great Idea) – The winner, yay!
- West Bank Story – There are only two absolutely unacceptable answers for the Oscars this year: Borat for Best Adapted Screenplay, and this one.