Oscar-Nominated Short Films – Live-Action (2009)
- Kavi – Go see this. You can feel better about yourself because you’re aware that bad things happen to people out there. That’s all you need to do: everything you did for poor people after you saw Slumdog Millionaire.
- The New Tenants – The quintessential short film/one-act play: an observer or observers look on as a story is told to them or acted out in front of their bewildered eyes. There is some death, heroin, ballroom dance, and the audience is given a recipe for cinnamon buns.
- Miracle Fish – Bleh. I hate short films about children having a hard time.
- The Door – Holocaust Film will not be appearing tonight. Tonight, the role of Depressed Historical Drama will be played by Chernobyl Memoir.
- Instead of Abracadabra (Istället för abrakadabra) – Scandinavians With Daddy Issues will be making its usual appearance, however. And as always, it will be pretty damn funny.